Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes conclusion.
By joining Airbus as a Graduate Service Development Manager you will work with colleagues from other functions across Airbus Secure Communications, part of the Airbus Defence and Space family, including Finance, Commercial and Sales with the objective of maximising order intake from existing contracts, with your focus being on our public sector customers. You will be responsible for planning how to respond to a customer request and ensuring that all other necessary departments are able to complete their activities to the required standard in the time permitted.
As one of the world’s leading providers of managed secure communications, we manage our customers’ time- and mission-critical communications whether they’re land, airborne or naval. In short, everything we do is to enable them to accomplish their goals.
We are world leaders in providing global fixed and mobile secure communication services to governments, militaries and security forces. Indeed, as the world’s number one private-sector military secure communications provider, we deliver the flexibility, resiliency and security required by demanding governments and militaries.
As a truly global organisation, we understand local markets, allowing us to support our customers wherever they are. With regional strategic sales and support services in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, our presence on the ground where our customers need us most is bolstered by our global reach.
Main activities of the role may include;
- Work with the necessary colleagues to promote the early identification of business opportunities within our opportunity management tools
- Lead Airbus’s response to customer requirements for incremental business
- Produce, communicate and enforce plans to address the request
- Coordinate the commercial, financial and technical inputs to the offer
- Organise internal and customer-facing reviews
- Ensure that all tasks that require action by a member of the team are completed within the required timeframes
- Prepare and lead the presentation at the risk management review
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to the way the department operates
- Support the department with performance analysis and departmental reporting.
- You will either have or be working towards a degree in a business-related subject including accounting and finance, economics, law, management and operational research, or a degree in communications engineering with an interest in business. Regardless of your background you will be trained so you are ready to deliver in the role.
- You will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Persuasive: the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve a business goal
- Analytical: the ability to interpret and understand the impact of a customer’s request
- Communication: the ability to communicate with all types of internal and external stakeholders using a range of mediums, including verbal, electronic, presentations
- Creative: the ability to create customer-focussed offers
- Organised: the ability to plan and execute a project to deliver the required output
- IT literate: the ability to operate Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
For more info and to apply, please click the apply button.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application once you reach our careers site. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities, additional time for written exercises, auxiliary aids, room layout, dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!