Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
- Start date: September 2020
- Location: Newport
- Application closing date: 10th November 2019
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Graduate Support Engineer will be working as part of an experienced technical team who are responsible for supporting a technical and service solution in an operational environment. This exciting role is to take on and deliver the service solution which meets a set of defined requirements and meets key performance indicators against a contracted Service Level Agreement.
The Graduate Support Engineer will operate as a team member with other technical groups, from Solution and Service Architects through to 1st line support on 3rd party applications and infrastructures. This role is expected to develop the individual working closely and supported by their managers and team members to plan, develop and further their capabilities with exposure and training to new technologies and requirements helping to support both Airbus developed services and tools as well as customers own infrastructures and solutions.
Main activities of the role may include but not limited to;
- A level of competence in Networking and Communications, with exposure to other technologies, such as Software, Security and Virtualisation both to internal and external customers.
- Be able to interpret and produce technical documentation that will be key to delivery of solutions and services which will continue to be updated as the service and capabilities develop.
- Have key communications skills within the department to be able to deliver a confident and concise presentations at all levels from customer support managers to senior management in an ever changing environment.
- Ability to plan, prepare and organise a small scale implementation, over a period of several months and deliver on time, cost and quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally with stakeholders at all levels and various business lines. This will include providing critical operation information which will support and influence the decision making process within the service management internal and external environments.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Educated to degree level in Communications/Networks/Computer Science or a related degree.
- A good level of Networking and Communications competencies/knowledge.
- Exposure to other technologies within a Software, Hardware, virtualisation and Security environment.
- The ability to work under pressure as a key team member within an operations capability.
- Work closely with all parties to identify service improvements to make our services to our customers even better.
- Identify opportunities where we can expand and develop our capabilities.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Newport and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!