Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
- Start date: September 2020
- Location: Farnborough
- Application closing date: 4th November 2019
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes conclusion.
The Zephyr Engineering Team provides engineering solutions for the Zephyr solar-powered stratospheric unmanned aerial vehicle. The team is multi-disciplinary covering all topics within Mechanical Systems (Aero-structure, Analysis and Performance), Electrical Systems (Avionics, Power Generation and Storage, Ground-Control Systems) and Systems Engineering (design, integration and test). The current Zephyr-S product is evolving and new products (e.g. Zephyr-T) are being formulate, alongside a production environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make an impact on a world-leading product in an emerging market.
Main activities of the role may include;
- Support to subsystems design alongside lead systems engineers (including design reviews and design documentation)
- Conduct verification and validation of product requirements (by test, analysis, simulation)
- Hands on build and test activities (including associated procedures, reports and reviews)
- Analyse flight data and support the product roadmaps
- Support project managers in successful delivery throughout all phases of the product lifecycle
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- A high quality core engineering degree (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering) or Computer Science
- Experience working on a project in a fast-paced corporate environment as part of a team (including effective communication)
- High-attention to detail and quality-conscious
- Hands-on experience of build and test activities encouraged (practical engineering alongside theoretical)
- Ability to take ownership of problems and formulate solutions utilising surrounding experts and stakeholders
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Farnborough and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Applications will be accepted from 16th September 2019 – 10th November 2019.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!