Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
- Start date: 6th July 2020
- Location: Filton
- Application closing date: 10th November 2019
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Landing Gear Graduate Programme is a 2 year and 3 months scheme that combines structured placements with focused training, offering you the opportunity to develop yourself and master the type of managerial and technical skills required by Airbus. Your scheme will involve up to 8 placements, which are typically 3 to 6 months length each. With support from the domain, you will be responsible for planning and tailoring your placements in line with your development and learning objectives:
You will complete several placements within the Landing Gear CoC to experience the wide range of roles and accountabilities available, develop a broad understanding of the business and identify what areas motivate you most.
Airbus encourages that you take several placements outside of Landing Gear CoC to experience the wider business and broaden your network. This can include a placement in Airbus France, Germany or Spain to get exposure to other ways of working within Airbus.
A highlight of the programme is your opportunity to propose a placement with an external business (e.g. with an airline, supplier or tech company) so you gain exposure to the Airbus Supply Chain, Airbus Customers or other business models, technologies and mindsets from around the world.
Landing Gear is one of Airbus Commercials six Engineering Centres of Competence including Cabin and Cargo, Airframe, Systems, Flight Physics and Powerplant.
We provide operational leadership and excellence across Landing Gear topics:
- Landing systems definition and vendor management for new programmes, incremental developments and to support continuous product development.
- Integration, evolution, application and maturity of Landing Gear development processes, through state of the art simulations and data analytics technologies.
- Proactive product support for industrialisation, production and in-service.
- Execution of product, technology and innovation strategies to deliver Landing Gear related Research and Technology (R&T) for future and current Airbus products.
- The philosophy of the Landing Gear team is to provide a challenging, exciting and rewarding working experience for all of our people. We embrace diversity and believe in building empowered teams of complimentary personalities and skills.
As an Airbus Graduate in a Landing Gear role, you may find yourself working within the following tasks on a day to day basis, amongst other areas:
- Building Predictive maintenance algorithms which aim to increase both the aircraft availability and reliability through the use of advanced data analytics methods and tools, via our big data platform, Skywise.
- Supporting the verification and validation of systems design by defining requirements both at system and equipment level prior to the testing phase, which is completed through the use of models, simulations and test rigs.
- Supporting the fleet both in-service and production which may include investigating and evaluating the stress experienced by a damaged component or providing technical expertise to the Final Assembly Line, enabling continued efficiency in the production line.
- Capturing knowledge through technical report writing, presenting progress and results to stakeholders, enabling collaboration
Please note our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
We are looking for outstanding candidates who want to shape the future of landing systems and have obtained a degree level (2:1 or above) or accredited MSc/MEng or equivalent in one of the following degrees:
- Any relevant Engineering degree (or in combination with another) such as Aerospace, Mechanical, Systems and Mechatronics.
- Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science. Data Science and Analytics.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with an analytic problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- High level of proactivity with a strong drive for personal development.
- Coding experience in C/C++, python or R would be desirable.
- Use of modelling tools such as ADAMS, Matlab Simulink, Fluent and CATIA would be desirable.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
This role will be based in Filton and will receive the full Airbus Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000. across teams and sites.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!