Our UK Graduate Programmes provide exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the 2/3 year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European and international assignments.
From your first day, you will join your initial area after being guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and customers and suppliers.
Your Graduate network and Generation-Airbus colleagues will share experiences, offer support, create social bonds and form a real platform for development, fun and career progression.
Filton Plants Manufacturing Engineering is at the heart of all tasks, working with all functions, realising the design intent in to productions means, whether that is production support, developing new technologies for cost reduction/efficiency improvement of working on new product introduction.
Your placements can cover Operations, Technical and Support Functions: working on projects such as A400M, A350 Metallic Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) and research at technology.
Filton Plant Manufacturing Engineering is a pioneering innovative team of experienced engineers covering a wide range of projects from current production projects through to research and technology for our future products of the future.
If you enjoy taking on a challenge without predefined solutions, taking full accountability of the delivery of projects and learning as part of the process, whilst being at the forefront of aerospace manufacturing then this role could be for you.
We cover a wide range of subjects, from strategy, production support, project management, Additive manufacturing, programming, manufacturing technologies, digitisation, Lean and production planning, giving a wide spectrum of opportunity across a variety of wing related subjects
Main activities of the role may include;
- You will gain experience across the whole wing and sub assembly process along with gaining a good overview of the current manufacturing process along with developing future solutions.
- The tasks will be varied and require you to use different skills (technical, project management, communication etc.) in order to complete them successfully. You will initiate and support activities within the team along with working with Quality, Operations, finance and other functions.
- Manufacturing Engineering is a crucial link with the design organisation and production, therefore you will need to build relationships with stakeholder from across multiple functions, taking differing views in to consideration, soliciting different views always with the customer in mind.
- We are a diverse and inclusive team and value different ways of thinking and working to get a technical solution.
- You have the ability to listen, understand and communicate information
- You have a strong interest in developing yourself
- You are interested in finding creative solutions to complex problems
- You have been studying for a relevant engineering or technical degree
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
This role will be based in Filton and will receive the full Airbus Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
As a graduate with us, you’ll be a full-time employee and working on real projects and making a difference from day one. That’s why we make sure you’re properly rewarded for the work you do.
- £2,000 joining bonus
- 35 hour weeks
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Success sharing
- A selection of voluntary benefits such as Employee car leasing scheme, financial advice, employee discounts with nationwide stores, and more!
- A competitive pension
- Tax-effective share plans
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible work arrangements
- An independent, 24-hour, confidential counselling service
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It … Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!