We are looking for graduates with commitment and enthusiasm who want to be part of a technologically advanced, innovative and global organisation. Airbus graduates have a fantastic chance to learn invaluable skills whilst developing personal and technical abilities.
You will begin your Airbus journey at our Broughton site (near Chester) which is home of Wing manufacture for all Airbus Commercial Aircraft. The Manufacturing Engineering Team is one of the largest and most diversely skilled departments at Broughton. The focused training and structured placements you will undertake will ensure you are fully equipped for your future career at Airbus.
As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team, you will be responsible for new product introduction working closely with R&T; continuous improvement and development of our current industrial systems; introduction & industrialization of new technologies; introduction of digital manufacturing solutions and daily technical support to production.
We offer a flexible programme, allowing you the opportunity to tailor your experience to suit the Manufacturing Engineering path you wish to take. You will be able to combine a number of rotational placements with specialist training in the UK, as well as have opportunities to work cross-functionally and transnationally.
We embrace diversity and believe in building empowered teams of complimentary personalities and skills. We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals to influence the evolution of an established wing manufacturing facility.
Progression towards professional accreditation with your relevant engineering institution is encouraged, with a network of Engineering mentors ready to support you.
Tasks and Accountabilities:
During the graduate programme, the activities you may undertake will include:
- Deliver an optimised industrial system concept and influencing the product design for manufacture.
- Strategy development and leadership of projects to deliver more efficient and cost effective processes, machines and systems
- Build multifunctional and transnational relationships to deliver advancements of our products and industrial systems.
- Maintain and accelerate our push towards Industry 4.0
- Develop & deploy new manufacturing technologies and processes in to serial production
- Programme and project management, problem solving techniques and data analytics.
- Identifying, analysing and solving technical shop floor issues
- Participate in various STEM events across UK Schools and Universities
- Undertake training sessions in a variety of subjects, from Leadership training to more technical-focused training.
To apply, you will need or be on course for achieving, a minimum of 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or above in a relevant Engineering degree (or equivalent). Examples include:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Product Design
- Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Other manufacturing or industrial related degrees.
- Desirable candidates will have previous experience in manufacturing, production, product development environments.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative mindset with creativity & strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and proactive in managing personal time, goals and objectives
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team with excellent networking skills.
- Curiosity and willingness to develop yourself, others around you and the company.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It Count!
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Success sharing and tax-effective share plans.
- 33 days’ annual leave including bank holidays.
- 35-hour working week with flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive support, guidance and training through the programme.
- Financial support to achieve Chartership status and professional membership of an appropriate institution (Commercial Aircraft)
To apply: For more information and to apply, please click the apply button
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application once at our careers’ site. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected. One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It... Count!
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!