Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
- Start date: September 2020
- Location: Broughton
- Application closing date: 10th November 2019
Our UK Graduate Programmes provide exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the 2/3 year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European and international assignments. It also provides further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
On your first day, you will join your initial area after an engaging and relaxed induction and learn more about the opportunities ahead. Your Graduate network and Generation-Airbus colleagues will share experiences, offer support, create social bonds and form a real platform for development, fun and career progression. Guided by your Early Careers Manager and placement mentors, your various roles will give you the chance to add high value to a diverse, challenging, innovative and culturally evolving company.
During your graduate programme, you will receive constant opportunities to continue to learn and grow through planned training, and set yourself personal development goals with protected time in your placements to focus on you;. Airbus in the UK;s Plant Industrialisation & Business Management team is at the heart of major cost-reduction projects bringing savings of tens of millions of Euros to the company.
Your placements will be in up to nine different areas, including possibly opportunities to work overseas:
Operations, Technical and Support Functions: Placements in various functions, from future wing development, digital advancements, facilities management, manufacturing engineering, plant production support, and cultural change an innovation.
Lean Operations: Lean concepts, principles, tools and techniques used to guide lean implementation and raise the level of lean competence throughout the organisation, and to contribute to the on-going development of operational excellence through the Airbus Operating System
Master Production Scheduling: SAP demand loading, capacity planning, monitoring and reporting of production build, shop floor resource calculations, sales and operations planning, tactical and recovery planning, and financial operating plan inputs.
Project Teams: Large cross-site change activities are set up to deliver solutions to major issues that affect the whole of the site. Local projects and improvement meetings bring improvement to the local business areas through the implementation of Lean methodologies, project and supply chain management and best practice sharing.
Main activities of the role may include;
- Application of learning tools with the business and the associated, finance and project management using Lean methodologies.
- Exposure to day to day operations and managing products.
- Strategy development and leadership of projects to deliver more efficient and cost effective processes.
- Programme and project management, problem solving tools and techniques.
- Drive innovation and cultural change.
- Run various STEM activities and engage with our Education Liaison team
- Maintain and accelerate our push towards Industry 4.0
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
Educated to degree level (2:1 or above) or equivalent, ideally within one the following disciplines;
- Aerospace Engineering
- General Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Project Management
- Business Studies
- Supply Chain Management
- Asset Management
- Digital / Technology related
Ideal applicants will demonstrate;
- Previous experience of organising events or projects resulting in the delivery of added value
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team and an excellent networking skills
- An internship in a Lean Manufacturing related industry
- A project or internship covering Lean and Manufacturing Principles or Lean Deployment
- English: Fluent
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
This role will be based in Broughton and will receive the full Airbus Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- As a graduate with us, you’ll be a full-time employee and working on real projects and making a difference from day one. That’s why we make sure you’re properly rewarded for the work you do.
- £2,000 joining bonus
- 35 hour weeks
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Success sharing
- A selection of voluntary benefits such as Employee car leasing scheme, financial advice, employee discounts with nationwide stores, and more!
- A competitive pension
- Tax-effective share plans
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible work arrangements
- An independent, 24-hour, confidential counselling service
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It… Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!