Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
- Start date: September 2020
- Location: Filton
- Application closing date: 10th November 2019
The Airbus Graduate Programme offers you a chance to learn and understand the Airbus business, procedures through a series of placements lasting 3 to 6 months in multiple procurement and business areas. The programme aims to give graduates the relevant experience to hit the ground running upon completion of the Graduate Programme.
Airbus is looking to attract procurement specialists who can proactively manage a portfolio of suppliers in line with strategic goals and create an environment to offer the best possible opportunity for graduates to become future leaders.
Each graduate will work in a minimum of 3 procurement departments and 3 other Airbus departments to compliment knowledge and understanding already gained during the programme. This is your chance to work with an aerospace industry partner to build a comprehensive understanding of Airbus and the wider industry.
Tasks and Accountabilities
Main activities of the role may include;
- You will help ensure Airbus can meet its many strategic goals as 75% of the value of each aircraft is purchased from a global supply chain.
- You will experience sourcing a variety of items, from flight control computer systems, small component parts, major assembled structures, nuts, bolts, raw material and the equipment, services and buildings on all Airbus sites.
- You will be the main interface between the supplier and other Airbus stakeholders including engineering, finance and final assembly lines.
- You will build and maintaining strategic relationships with suppliers managing contract updates and challenges with teams all over the world.
- You will travel to visit suppliers and Airbus teams to maintain relationships, negotiate contracts, and seek new opportunities for the Airbus supply chain.
- You will support projects to increase profitability, improve the supply chain flows, and seek new locations and markets by working with suppliers and other Airbus departments to select the best supply chain solutions.
- You will help select and manage new suppliers in preparation for a new development aircraft ensuring the supplier selection meets the aircraft time, cost and quality requirements.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It... Count!
You will need to have a minimum of a 2:1 in a relevant Bachelors or Masters Degree or equivalent. Relevant degree subjects include, but are not limited to:
Supply Chain/Quality Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Economics, Business Studies, Business and Economics, Business and Law, International Business Economics and Law.
Following CIPS programmes would be desirable.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
You will be based in Filton and will receive the full Airbus Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- As a graduate with us, you’ll be a full-time employee and working on real projects and making a difference from day one. That’s why we make sure you’re properly rewarded for the work you do.
- £2,000 joining bonus
- 35 hour weeks
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Success sharing
- A selection of voluntary benefits such as Employee car leasing scheme, financial advice, employee discounts with nationwide stores, and more!
- A competitive pension
- Tax-effective share plans
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible work arrangements
- An independent, 24-hour, confidential counselling service
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!