Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
- Start date: September 2020
- Location: Stevenage
- Application closing date: 10th November 2019
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.As a graduate in Propulsion Test & Launch Services you will perform testing and launch support of spacecraft propulsion systems and components. This will include the preparation of ground support equipment and spacecraft testing documentation. In addition to this you will be involved in supporting spacecraft testing and the recording of data to report back to our customers. We have many exciting projects from Telecommunications to earth observation satellites. The work is varied and often requires the team to work offsite around the world.
Main activities of the role may include;
- Preparation of test and launch documentation within the requirements of the Propulsion system including technical and safety
- Working as part of a small, specialist team within a multi-disciplined project team.
- Manufacture, maintain and operate equipment specific to the requirements of the propulsion system.
- Perform test and launch services activities to strict quality and technical requirements.
- Frequent and occasionally extended periods of off-site work required.
- Liaison with company representatives and subcontractors for test requirements, ground support equipment (GSE) servicing and shipping.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Aerospace Engineering based degree plus relevant hands on experience.
- A good knowledge and understanding of mechanical and pneumatic systems, gases and some basic electrical engineering skills.
- Experience of a mechanical engineering/Aerospace environment is beneficial
- Available to travel at short notice to international destinations for test campaigns, launch campaigns, meetings and facility surveys.
- A good team player.
- A dynamic, enthusiastic and committed individual with demonstrated experience of working under pressure to tight schedule requirements is desirable.
- Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.Applications will be accepted from 16th September 2019 – 10th November 2019.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities additional time for written exercises auxiliary aids room layout dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!