Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes conclusion.
In our Payload Supply Chain department, we are responsible for on quality and on time delivery of all subcontracted equipment developed, designed, built and tested for any payload assembled in the site’s assembly, integration and test clean room. You will therefore participate in the end to end product cycle from contract signature to integration into the higher level satellite system. We are subcontract project managers of cutting-edge equipment, leading our worldwide suppliers through the whole product lifecycle processes. The key skills you will develop are communication, project management and supplier management. It is an ideal opportunity for a technical person who wants to develop their managerial skills.
Main activities of the role may include, in support of the supplier lead SOM;
- Interaction with suppliers and internal experts to support operations, planning and preparation of reviews, recording agreements, following-up with closure of open points
- Liaising with Engineering to understand and influence holistic decisions
- Reviewing and improving the equipment development and manufacturing schedule
- Visually Inspecting hardware if interested in terms of department improvement
- Supporting deployment and operations of an efficient action completion tracking system
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Engineering degree with electronics knowledge
- Interest and willingness to use one’s technical skills to develop into a management role
- Proven communication skills
- Proven ability to work well with people of different national and functional cultures
- Fluency in a second language will be a highly valued benefit.
- Preferably a high interest / passion for complex systems development and space products
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to basic security clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Portsmouth, an enjoyable seaside city and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!