Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes conclusion.
In this role, you will be working on the operations engineering that is required to maintain a fleet of geostationary communication satellites. You will be able to rotate through a number of teams, and so it is a good opportunity to experience a wide variety of roles; from scheduling and planning spacecraft manoeuvres, to analysing telemetry and investigating anomalies. There is also an opportunity to travel in the UK and within Europe, as well as taking part in a temporary placement overseas for a maximum duration of 6 months.
Main activities of the role may include;
- Analysing telemetry from the spacecraft, investigating anomalies and refining spacecraft operation procedures.
- Assisting with spacecraft performance tests.
- Learning, developing and programming bespoke software, such as the spacecraft database and the simulator.
- Rotation between the different teams within the Space directorate. These include Flight Dynamics, Payload Engineering, Spacecraft Engineering, and the ground segment team.
- The opportunity to take part in University outreach, become a STEM ambassador, and support work experience students.
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Science-based, Engineering or Maths degree
- Enthusiasm for the space industry and its applications.
- Analytical and problem solving skills to interpret complex information.
- Ability to communicate technical information through a variety of mediums (report writing, presentations and inter-team meetings).
- Good team working skills.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Corsham and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Applications will be accepted from 16th September – 10th November 2019.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!