As European leader in technology and engineering consultancy with 34 000 employees in 28 countries, ALTEN has stayed true to its origins in engineering, with a global and ambitious development strategy.
ALTEN Ltd holds the fastest growth of the ALTEN international perimeter and is currently involved in innovation development for the automotive, aerospace, railway, IT and energy industries with premium customers in the UK. The subsidiary has now a deep market-penetration ensuring solid foundations to guarantee fast and sustainable development.
ALTEN Ltd is deploying the UK technical direction organisation, thanks to robust project management methodologies, technical expertise & best practices from ALTEN group. The target is to deliver the best value and quality on our running engineering projects.
Through this Graduate Scheme, ALTEN is willing to offer the opportunity to young talents to evolve within a growing engineering organisation and contribute to the development of the future technical direction of ALTEN in the UK. This scheme will enable a long-term progression within the organisation and a continuous increase of responsibilities through the programme, supported by intermediary trainings and certifications.
The Project Engineer Graduate Scheme will be split in 3 placements of 6 months each in different sectors of the industry such as the Aerospace or Ground Transportation sectors.
It will aim at offering the opportunity to integrate an Engineering Cluster Leader or Technical Leader path.
In order to ensure a well-rounded and complete development, the Graduate Scheme will be focused on two main areas of competency:
1. Technical Robustness Management
- Boost the technical proficiency over at least 2 different sectors of the industry
- Guarantee engineering robustness of deliverables
- Ensure the technical interface with the customer
- Present a regular technical reporting to the Project Management team
- Support the knowledge capitalisation of the team
- Suggests and drives continuous improvement actions
2. Delivery Management
- Contribute to the delivery of an Alten UK project
- Support the project management activities of Alten Ltd projects (reporting, on-time and on-quality delivery, risks, etc…)
- Identifies risks and opportunities on the projects and within Alten UK customers
- Support the project governance meetings
Who is the Programme Right For?
- You should graduate (i.e. complete your studies before the programme start date) with a Masters (MSc or MEng) degree from an engineering discipline.
- You will fit in best if you have a solutions oriented mindset, be results-driven and have a fact-based approach. You have the ability to work and progress in a cross-functional and a fast-paced environment.
- Native English speaker or Bilingual required.
- Online Application
- Phone Pre-qualification
- Assessment day
- Panel Interview
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!