Business Development Graduate Program
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
The Amazon EU Student Programmes Team is looking for ambitious graduates to join our fast-paced world on our Business Development Graduate Programme. Graduates will join into either Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Media Group (AMG), or our Merchant Services Business.
Amazon Web Services
Cloud Computing is revolutionising Information Technology. Since 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. As a graduate in AWS, you will focus on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with customers that are reinventing their IT strategies by adopting cloud computing.
Amazon Media Group
Amazon Media Group sits at the intersection of advertising and e-commerce. Customers visit us every day to find, discover, and buy products, so we’re obsessed with making the shopping experience the best it can be – and advertising is a part of that experience. As a graduate, you will gain a deep understanding of Amazon's display advertising products as well as our technical and operational capabilities. You’ll learn when and how we can create custom opportunities, and you’ll build the skills to turn these into concise and compelling presentations to delight our clients.
Amazon Merchant Services covers all third party merchants’ activity related to selling on Amazon as well as the specific services and products we offer to help develop and grow these sellers. As a graduate, you will be responsible for delivering new business growth across Amazon’s third party merchants.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Prospect, qualify, and call important leads
- Build an understanding of customer pain points, requirements, and potential value that can be delivered by AWS, AMG, or Merchant Services
- Deliver and report on a set of business development targets
- Identify target accounts using market data and industry intelligence
- Learn the AWS, AMG, or Merchant Services portfolio and the Amazon culture
- Use feedback to identify opportunities to improve our products, services, processes, systems, and tools
- Work with different parts of the Amazon business to implement improvement projects, including working with category teams, product teams, and technical support teams
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Results-driven focus with analytical capability
- Ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices
- Direct sales skills and a proven track record of performance
- Experience working with clients
- High affinity towards data and technology with ability to dive deep and analyse opportunities and processes
- A second European language is a plus (verbal and written)
- Achieved or aiming to achieve a 2.1 and above degree
Application and Assessment Process
Eligible candidates will be invited to attend an online assessment and successful candidates will be invited to attend a video interview. The final stage of the selection process will be a full day assessment centre based at one of Amazon’s offices. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.