Amazon, one the world’s leaders in e-commerce, is expanding its Retail business and looking for a smart and ambitious Junior Business Development Manager to enable new partnerships with vendors aiming at integrating their product portfolio into Amazon websites. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day and immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and continuously inventing new efficiencies to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
Operating in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment you will have full responsibility for achieving business objectives. You will need to engage in projects that will drive business growth and help shape the future of Amazon Retail. We expect that you can work autonomously, think both strategically and tactically, and take full control and responsibility for achieving your goals.
Amazon is looking for a talented Junior Business Development Manager to join the RVR (Retail Vendor Recruitment) organization. As part of the retail organization, the Junior Business Development Manager will help to recruit and be in charge of on-boarding new vendors. Targeting the most relevant selection for our customers, you will aim at recruiting new vendors and make their selection available on the website. In close coordination with retail teams, you will drive new vendors through all the on-boarding phases, up to their first units shipped.
What is the role?
Your objectives will be to build the best possible selection for our customers with the development of partnerships with new vendors. Your job will consist of prospecting, assessing, recruiting and integrating vendors for Amazon marketplaces. In your day-to-day job, you will be faced with numerous challenges such as:
- Identify, prospect and reach out to new vendors, analyze their potential for Amazon. You will lead first steps, by cold-calling potential partners or attending commercial events and trade fairs, and confidently explaining advantages and benefits of partnering with Amazon
- Be a business consultant to new vendors and provide insights and advice for them, being able to deal with different business profiles and sectors. Help new vendors to integrate their catalogue data into Amazon platform, master Amazon’s internal tools and train vendors on how to use these tools.
- Plan, conduct, deliver and report analyses to understand the performance of recruited vendors
- Help to develop and improve recruiting and on-boarding processes, assist in removing any technical blockers and identifying technical improvement areas.
- Bachelor degree in Economics/Management/Business Administration or other relevant subjects
- Experience solving analytical problems, either in professional experience (data analysis) or education.
- Experience in outbound sales would be an advantage
- Experience with e-commerce or retail would be an advantage.
- Basic SQL knowledge is a plus
Application and Assessment Process
Eligible candidates will be invited to attend an online assessment and successful candidates will be invited to attend a video interview. The final stage of the selection process will be a full day assessment centre based at one of Amazon’s offices. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!