Global Supply Management Overview:
Global Supply Management (GSM) is responsible for helping American Express maximize the purchasing power of over $9B of third party spend. We provide strategic consultation to the business and provide end to end procurement services. We maximize the purchasing power of the Company to drive the best value from our supplier base which then frees up investment capacity for our business. GSM together with our business partners manages the supplier strategy for the Company, identifying and on-boarding new suppliers, realizing significant cost saves and revenue generation by partnering with our Global Commercial Services and Global Merchant Services businesses to increase billings and merchant coverage and ensuring an optimal user experience for American Express employees and suppliers.
The graduate role will involve working as a Contract Associate in the Contract Strategy and Execution team within GSM. The primary responsibility of the role is to fulfill the workflow of the Contract Delivery engagements including delivering the most effective strategy for achieving maximum value for the business through the contracting process as guided by the American Express Policy for Third Party Management and established processes within Contract Delivery.
The role is responsible for building and maintaining stakeholder relationships with the business, across peer groups, contract stakeholders including Legal, TLM, Tax, Compliance, and Insurance and in multiple markets as well as act as a first point of contact for third party contract negotiations and strategies.
Contract Associates will utilize their interaction with the business partners to identify opportunities that can add value to how Contract Delivery can meet their commitments to the business. As part of this activity, the Associate needs to be able to confidently create and present a compelling business case for change (when needed) to leaders.
What type of work can you expect to do in GSM at American Express?
- Lead end to end contracting process to include drafting, negotiating and executing commercial negotiations.
- Conduct contract strategy meetings to identify issues and client requirements and work in partnership with Business and Category management on priorities, timelines and deliverables.
- Draft appropriate contractual provisions leveraging GSMs template library based on strategy discussions, needs and expectations.
- Review and manage the redlining of contracts of varying complexity using playbooks, defined negotiation bandwidths and defined escalation paths and ensure appropriate approvals are obtained as and when needed.
- Ensure that contracts, supporting documents and contract metadata are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained.
- Serve as coordinative enterprise-wide contact (for contract delivery with respect to contracts assigned to the Associate) during contract negotiations.
- Identify value add opportunities and drive savings opportunities for contracts owned by Contract Delivery.
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate and develop concepts, visions and complex business requirements into workable plans.
- Good project management skills and financial management experience including development of CBA's, PowerPoint presentations and financial models.
- Good people skills to bring together the right narrative and players to find a solution for situations when dealing with a customer’s issues and concerns.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to develop and execute complex, time and commercial sensitive strategies.
- Proven ability to drive results and prioritize work activities.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and team player.
- The programme is open to final year and postgraduate students from any degree discipline
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!