We are a global services company providing customers with products and experiences that enrich lives every day. American Express has a presence in 130 countries worldwide – we are determined to define the industry today, tomorrow and into the future.
The Global Servicing Network (GSN), and Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) are two of our company’s largest divisions, making up over 60% of the American Express business, with employees in 25 countries across the world.
GSN delivers extraordinary customer care to Card Members, Corporate Clients and Merchants, globally, while providing world-class fraud protection and driving revenue growth for the company.
TLS serves American Express Card Members with a full range of travel and lifestyle support, from trip planning and booking, to procuring premium experiences. This can include anything from seats at the chef’s table to planning a wedding ceremony complete with private helicopter tour into the Grand Canyon.
American Express is an international company, with our European Operational Headquarters based in Brighton. The Brighton office is diverse and inclusive, with a wide range of networks, languages and cultures. Working as part of a global organisation gives you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in many of our world class servicing centres such as Mexico, Florida, and the Philippines.
Our service is an award-winning competitive differentiator and is at the heart of our company’s vision. Our passion for attracting and retaining amazing talent is what makes us stand out and the reason we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world.
The American Express 10 week Summer Internship Programme gives you the opportunity to work on meaningful projects, whilst developing world-class leadership skills. Commencing in June 2020, it consists of the following components:
- Welcome to American Express through an induction day and training sessions based across our multiple UK offices
- Responsibility for meaningful projects which will have real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management across different business areas
- Social and networking events with all UK based interns
- Structured performance management process, personal and professional development support and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in Customer Service and Business Strategy at American Express?
- Customer Service and Business Strategy will offer you varied experiences and a view of end-to-end business management. Your opportunities are diverse; you could be working on employee motivation, capabilities product management, process engineering, risk, strategy or customer experience, among a broad range of other possibilities.
- You will experience new challenges, build a diverse skillset, and gain insight into how the largest part of American Express works end-to-end. Your contributions will have a direct and measurable impact on how we deliver differentiated servicing, continually engage our valued employees, drive revenue growth, and find new, efficient ways of doing business. We value our interns – you bring a fresh perspective to our business; in return for your time, we will commit to supporting your development, and giving you the business exposure, freedom, tools and encouragement to drive innovation.
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams
- An ability to communicate and collaborate well with people at all levels
- Be analytical, with an interest in both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Have an interest in process improvement and the different ways of solving problems
- Solutions focussed
- Highly ambitious and results driven with the ability to manage projects and initiatives to completion
- Experience within customer service is important
- You should have a strong interest in improving the customer experience
- European Language capability is a bonus
- Experience within a general management/operational role is also a bonus!
- Share our values
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme (any degree discipline) in your penultimate year of study
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!