American Express is continuing an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team. This diverse and creative organisation has the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have an interest in improving your skills in a tech environment while meeting innovative thinkers and serving our customers across physical and digital spaces, join our transformation team!
Interns will have the opportunity to work across a multitude of features across our software products, like Spring Cloud and Webflux for reactive Java services, or Node.js driving React web applications and even polyglot microservices. latest versions of Kotlin and Swift language features driving the mobile team.We’re often experimenting with new technologies; it’s all about picking the right tool for the right job.
We are looking for Interns to join our 10-week Summer Internship Programme, which gives you real on-the-job work experience whilst allowing you to choose from a number of potential roles within our agile Scrum teams; such as Software Engineers, Data Architects, Quality Assurance Engineers, Product Owners and hybrid roles across the organization, giving you the skills and experience to help you accelerate in your studies and future career. We are committed to providing interns the opportunity to work on projects that can make a long lasting impact on the business, as well as a good experience through multiple networking events during the programme.
What type of work can you expect to do in Technology at American Express?
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predict future challenges
- Develop software applications as part of a Scrum team
- Learn technical skills, write code, conduct code reviews and testing
- Work with product managers to prioritise features for new products and manage a list of requirements based on industry trends and new technologies
- Design work, such as user experience or graphic design
- Bespoke learning and development programme, e.g. technical, leadership, networking and soft skills
- Take part in social activities, charity days, and projects with other interns and graduates
Are you up for the challenge?
- Creative, collaborative and curious thinker
- Can identify opportunities for innovation and change
- Passion for technology
- Desire to learn
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical business partners
- Capable of working well in a team environment and contributing
Good to have:
- Experience of developing products or projects either in an academic, professional or personal setting
- Some entry level software development experience or design or creative experience
- A technical background is beneficial but not required. We are looking for passionate, fast learners willing to take on new challenges, more than specific technical experience
Ideally you will be a penultimate year student studying a degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or other scientific, technical, or creative discipline with a predicted 2:2 or above. We will also consider first year students.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!