Location - Milan, Italy or remote. We offer substantial support for relocation, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for 12 weeks. You’re also welcome to work remotely, or part on-site, part-remote.
With tens of millions of active users and hundreds of thousands of daily downloads, we’re one of Europe’s leading app developers. Now, we’re keen to support and share our know-how with an enthusiastic intern Android developer who’s excited about learning how to make the best apps on the Play Store and contributing to improving our technology stack.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Be determined to learn to write quality code that’s testable and maintainable.
- Follow best practices in terms of coding style, Git usage, commit messages, pull requests, and team conventions.
- Perform code reviews and play an active part in tech discussions.
- Contribute to the product development of the apps you work on. We’re all about taking a proactive role and ownership of your work.
- Work closely with our Android engineers on software architecture of entire apps or new features—and then develop them. The work spans a broad range, from engineering and coding features to polishing world-class user interfaces.
- Constantly improve the quality of our products by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary, as well as adding that wow factor to put a smile on our users’ faces.
- Stay up-to-speed with new technologies (particularly on Android), and test the promising ones to make sure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities.
What We Offer
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn from some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Cool tech stack. We strive to use the best, most modern tools and technologies, and when they fall short of our expectations we invent our own. It’s a geek’s paradise.
- Own products. We don’t work for clients—we only develop our own apps. Freed from client-provider politics, we can move fast and be daring.
- Fun, young environment. We have minimal hierarchy and a relaxed workplace. Also, we’re 28 years old on average and often hang out together, so you can bet on making new friends!
- Continuous education. We pay for your Italian/English language lessons and offer an unlimited book budget, but that's not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we're delighted to foot the tab.
- Remote working. Spend as much or as little time in our Milan office as you choose (even no time at all, if you’d prefer). Many Spooners like to change up their environment and get out of the city whenever the mood strikes. Every day, you’ve got the freedom to decide where today’s office is.
- Flexible schedule. Our regular hours are 9-6 GMT+1, but this isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. Morning person? Start work while the world’s still sleeping. Night owl? Ramp things up while others are winding down. You’re fully trusted to create the right conditions for your own personal peak productivity. We only ask that you’re available to your teammates a good chunk of the day. That’s why it’s generally best to be based somewhere with a similar time zone—between GMT-2 and GMT+3.
- Lots. Of. Fun. Our incredible People Operations team organizes awesome events, such as team games, drinks, yoga classes, parties, and more.
- Top-notch HQ. Natural light, silent rooms, state-of-the-art hardware, fun-filled common spaces... the list never ends! You’ll certainly be in the right environment to do your best work. And, when it’s time to switch off, you can do that in style and comfort.
- Relocation package. To ease your move to Milan (if you decide to relocate), the first three months of rent are on us. Visa support is provided for those who need it.
What We Look For
- Passion for the topic. You have a proven passion for writing software. It’s a big plus if you have a demonstrable interest in developing native Android apps.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out and go in-depth.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done well. You’re massively into getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Curiosity and initiative. You love exploring, and you’re entrepreneurial in hunting down new opportunities and testing ideas. You seek—you don’t just wait to be told what to do.
- Humility. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
Milan, Italy or remote