Join Aon as a graduate in either our Insurance Actuarial Consulting or Reinsurance Analytics Programme. You can find out more about each programme below.
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our graduates will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organisation, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Insurance Actuarial Consulting & Reinsurance Analytics Graduate Programme
Join Aon as an actuarial consulting insurance graduate and get the unique opportunity to be part of the newly formed Strategy & Technology Group (STG). You will be part of a multi-disciplined, collaborative, and friendly team, that supports a wide range of clients across the globe, in not only traditional life and non-life insurance consulting services, but also in actuarial software consulting.
Aon’s global client base, combined with heightened geo-political, climate and economic uncertainty, and a market focusing on more data-driven insights, means there is significant growth potential in our consulting opportunities.
STG, as Aon’s global consulting and technology business, have access to Aon’s proprietary data, software, and its global network of insurance industry experts, and as such are perfectly positioned to provide innovative and compelling insights for clients into the sources of competitive advantage in our industry.
As an Aon STG graduate, you will be part of a growing 80+ team of actuaries working on a variety of projects, learning from top professionals across the actuarial, consulting and software industries, and starting your journey towards a professional qualification – come join us to start an engaging career now!
Your role as a Graduate in Strategy & Technology Group (STG):
You will be joining a team that values outside-the-box, innovative thinking and encourages a self-starter approach from day one. The team is committed to a strong collaborative culture across all projects, with graduates working directly with senior colleagues from the beginning. The team prides itself on outstanding technical ability, as well as impactful communication to all levels of stakeholders, utilising advanced software and visualisation techniques.
As a graduate, you’ll also get involved in technical and consulting workshops. These will give you the skills you need to provide innovative solutions that meet our clients' needs, as well as building your confidence and experience through proactively managing client relationships.
Reinsurance Analytics Graduate Programme:
Our Reinsurance Analytics team offers clients catastrophe management, actuarial, rating agency advisory and risk and capital strategy expertise. Whether working side-by-side with brokers on risk transfer products or engaging on broader analytic and modelling engagements, our 400+ specialists around the world consistently deliver innovation and thought leadership to clients.
Your role as an Actuarial Graduate in Reinsurance Analytics:
You will have responsibilities that include both the technical delivery of work and the communication of findings to brokers and clients. Some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Reinsurance pricing and analysis
- Actuarial model building and testing
- Data preparation and presentation of results and advice to clients and brokers
- Actuarial research and development
As an Aon Graduate, you will be enrolled onto our Launch Programme when you join. This development programme is built around 3 core elements :
- Business learning – on the job learning and experiences giving you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of the team and solution line you have joined
- Centralised learning - UK graduates complete in an Aon Induction, monthly webinars, business skills training and workshops; all designed to help you develop your knowledge of Aon, build your confidence and your network across our business
- Professional Qualifications – we want you to be as successful as possible, so through our Go Further Apprenticeship programmes we’ll fully support your study towards a professional qualification as a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries to support you as you study for your exams, you’ll receive paid study leave, plus an extensive range of study and tuition materials. For more information, visit our website.
Your career beyond your Graduate programme
Once you’ve completed the formal graduate programme, you’ll continue to receive lots of support at Aon. As well as continued technical and business skills training, you’ll receive support for your actuarial qualifications. To aid your professional development you’ll receive regular performance feedback, and work with your line manager towards promotions, enabling you to progress from a graduate Analyst, to Associate Consultant, then Consultant and beyond.
We have opportunities available in the Strategy & Technology Group (STG) team and Reinsurance Analytics teams . Please review the information on each team and select your first-choice preferred team should you be successful. Please note that where possible, we will try to consider you for your first-choice preference, however we cannot guarantee your first choice due to availability of roles. If your first choice is unavailable at the time of your Assessment Centre, we will also consider you for the other teams.
If you are interested in this graduate programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
- As Actuarial Consulting is a mathematically based career path you will need to have or be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a maths, actuarial science, or other highly numerate degree
- You will need to have achieved an A-grade or above in Maths A-level, A-grade in Maths Scottish higher or international equivalent of this
What are we looking for?
- Excellent numerical ability. The team embraces the diversity of different numerate experience, with current team members having backgrounds in maths, actuarial science, physics, engineering, economics, and investment banking
- Be a strong communicator, particularly being able to present complex ideas in a simpler, more understandable way
- Act with integrity and a sense of ownership for their own and the team’s performance
- Deliver work to the highest standards which fully comply with the quality assurance framework
- Take initiative and embrace the collaborative and innovative culture within the team
- Take a proactive approach to seeking out learning opportunities, both formal and informal
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law.
If you require any reasonable accommodations or adjustments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the UK Early Careers team will contact you.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.