- You’ll be a key member of our dedicated team, playing a vital, hands-on role in giving our global clients the support they need. This involves providing investment servicing and advice covering markets and strategic considerations, such as managing assets and liabilities. You’ll gain early experience of dealing with a wide range of investments, adapting them around economic conditions and outlooks.
- You’ll also learn how and why pension scheme liabilities change because of economic assumptions – such as inflation, interest rates and the effect that market movements have on invested assets.
Training and development
We’ll help you build an in-depth understanding of economics and financial markets, giving you the knowledge and insight you need to become a fully authorised client-facing investment consultant.
As a first-year analyst, you’ll complete the Investment Management Certificate (IMC). You can then choose whether you’d prefer to take the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) professional qualification.
At Aon, we offer a structured programme based upon the government's apprenticeship framework. Each of our programmes combine support through study material reimbursement, study days and tailored tutorials. We’ll also work with you on softer skills training, to make sure you have everything you need to succeed in your role. Plus, we’re here to offer guidance on dividing your time between your qualification studies, client work and life outside the office — we know that finding a healthy balance makes all the difference.
After the graduate programme, what’s next?
Thanks to the wide range of services we offer our clients, there’s no such thing as a typical career path at Aon. That’s why, during the graduate programme, you’ll be encouraged to explore opportunities across the business. This may involve joining specialist content teams, where you can develop specific expertise and experience outside of the core role. Future career paths can also include combinations of client consulting roles, people leadership, content leadership and working within solutions teams.
- To apply, you’ll need to be educated to degree level with a minimum predicted grade of at least a 2:1, or an equivalent qualification
- We’re looking for numerate graduates with a high level of commercial awareness, ambition, enthusiasm and strong written and verbal communication skills
- You should be able to work well within a team, as well as develop your own views and creative ideas on economic and investment markets
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!