Be Challenged be supported
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
We solve human problems that improve people’s quality of life. So being an engineer at Arcadis is about applying a human filter to all of your technical expertise and training. You’ll be responsible for transforming the world through innovation and creativity. If that sounds like an interesting challenge, then building a long-term and varied career with Arcadis will be the perfect next step for you.
Should you go on to be employed as a Graduate within Arcadis you will benefit from structured training, mentoring and funding and support for accreditations relevant to your programme, and the help you need to develop and succeed.
Arcadis is a fantastic place to begin your career. It’s why we’re embracing a culture that puts people first. Where everyone has the opportunity to own their careers and transform their world. Where you can come together to work on industry-defining projects. And where your given the space to grow personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Projects: You’ll experience industry defining projects that will accelerate your development and improve the lives of people around the world.
People: You’ll experience teamwork at its best you’ll see new perspectives. Perspectives that you can use to improve quality of life.
Opportunities: You’ll experience more than a career – you’ll have the chance to grow, personally and professionally, while impacting the lives of millions of people.
Flexibility: You’ll experience life – we believe that our people need to be empowered and trusted to work in a way that creates a positive balance – and we’ll all benefit, us you and millions of people.
At Arcadis, we believe embracing flexible ways of working is an essential element in a progressive, forward-looking business that thrives in innovation.
To be considered for this placement you will need to possess or be on course for achieving a 2:1 or equivalent in the relevant degree. Aside from a relevant degree we are looking out for people who are:
- Team players with a real client focus
- Who are energetic, motivated and the natural drive to achieve results.
- Who possess Growth mindset
- Who have excellent analytical skills
- Who think differently and are willing to challenge
- With strong communication skills, able to understand and influence others
- Who share our passion and want to be part of an organisation who ‘Improve Quality of life’
- Who are resilient and adaptable to change
- Who are capable of building relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Who are passionate about new technologies
- With ability to analyse problems and apply technical knowledge to inform decisions and create innovative solutions
- Who are keen to learn how to present complex technical issues logically
- Who are flexible and willing to travel and stay away from home
- To provide support in the delivery of projects and professional assignments.
- To be able to take a simple brief from a more senior member of staff and act upon it.
- To deliver elements of assignments under the supervision of more senior members of staff
- To provide all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Be a team player.
- To provide general support to the team.
- Presentable and articulate.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exception and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. Our 27,000 strong teamwork all over the world. We build rail systems in Doha and provide clean water in Sao Paulo. We’re improving social housing in Glasgow and transport links in Wales.
What We Offer:
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection
- Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Birthday Vouchers
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make!
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!