We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
We have an opportunity for you to join a multifaceted, hands-on team as a Graduate Embedded Systems Engineer. The Applied Technology team is part of Arm's Automotive and IoT Line of Business (LoB). This is a chance to develop a wide range of skills and help drive Arm's success in the automotive and IoT industries.
The team is responsible for providing engineering support to the LoB and plays a large part in defining, innovating, implementing and enabling the deployment of next-generation industry solutions. This is typically achieved through detailed engineering analysis of real-world systems.
We believe in developing talent for the future and as a graduate at Arm you will work on projects that have real impact whilst developing key transferable skills. You will receive ongoing support from your line manager who will offer regular 1:1 meetings with feedback and opportunities for development. A certain amount of flexibility and freedom is allowed to decide how to approach and achieve projects goals.
We offer a compelling reward package and other benefits such as an on-site gym and social events that are organised within the company.
What will I be accountable for?
Working with senior members of the team as well as specialists in other teams, on a wide range of projects which include:
- System analysis; investigating performance, processing utilisation, power dissipation etc.
- System level benchmarking to aid in competitive analysis.
- Designing and building proof of concepts and demos to showcase Arm's technologies and support outbound marketing activities.
- Writing up findings and presenting them to the LoB and engineering divisions.
- Engaging with partners to help them have the best experience with our technologies.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
We are looking for graduates who have completed an undergraduate or master's degree in electronic engineering, embedded systems engineering or similar, achieving a 2:1 minimum grade. If you are passionate about technology in general, but especially passionate about getting hands-on with automotive and IoT technologies, this could be the role for you.
The essential skills you should have for the role include:
- Strong embedded systems knowledge and experience.
- Good experience with microcontroller boards and embedded applications.
- Good experience with low-level C programming.
- Some practical digital and analog circuit design experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and spoken English communication.
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges.
Any of the below would also be useful:
- Experience with NI (National Instruments) hardware and software including LabVIEW.
- Experience with hardware description languages such as Verilog or VHDL and FPGA or CPLD systems.
- Experience with Arm based single board computers such Raspberry Pi, 96Boards, Odriod, BeagleBoard etc.
- Experience with Linux based operating systems and shell scripting.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't.
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying 'I don't know'.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!