If you consider yourself creative, innovative, a problem solver and you would like to influence and contribute to defining the next-generation CPUs that will be used in billions of devices worldwide, you will enjoy working and developing your professional career with us.
We are looking for graduate engineers who are passionate about understanding the workloads of the future to join our CPU benchmarking team.
Our benchmarking team is in charge of interacting with product managers, partners, CPU leads and performance modelling leads to understand the most relevant applications industry will use in the future and help to characterise and reproduce them on cutting-edge environments ranging from simulation to emulation or FPGA. The team is also responsible for investigating novel techniques to facilitate the utilisation of benchmarks that are relentlessly growing in complexity and make them suitable for the exploration of next generation CPU cores and systems.
As part of the CPU team, we will collaborate to innovate and find engineering solutions to the challenges of tomorrow in areas like IoT, automotive, servers or mobile; we will make devices smarter and more useful to society. Your contributions will help to build new technology that will influence the lives of billions of people!
Graduate on CPU Benchmark Role at Arm
We have exciting opportunities in the CPU group, where you will be part of a highly motivated team that helps define new generations of mainstream processors.
You will have real responsibilities from day one and you will get support and mentorship from specialists that will help you succeed and develop your career. Through teamwork, training, and dedication to personal development, we ensure that every graduate matures to become a specialist in the field.
You will work in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment and will have the opportunity to work on different projects.
What will your role be?
- You will contribute to the definition of the next generation of Arm’s IP products, identifying and enabling new benchmarks, and proposing new insights on methodologies that could improve current practice in benchmark characterisation and simulation.
- Together with marketing, technical leads, modelling leads and partners we will align on applications that will represent market requirements for future products.
- You will propose, develop and maintain innovative ways of making relevant applications and benchmarks suitable for sophisticated simulation platforms.
- You will collaborate with technical leads, performance modelling engineers and designers while doing performance analysis on existing and future designs.
- Explore new methodologies and novel software techniques that will improve modelling efficiency.
Are you a good fit for Arm?
In order to be considered, you will need at least a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Skills and experience that we look for in a Performance Modelling Graduate include:
- An engineering mind-set with strong problem-solving skills
- Good level of C language and object-oriented programming, preferably C++ or Java
- Reasonable understanding of fundamental Operating System internals such as virtual memory and scheduler
- Exposure to functional and/or performance analysis of software (performance, debugging, etc)
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc
- Use of compilers such us gcc and llvm
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas efficiently
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Other desirable skills include:
- Good understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Some experience on workload / OS bring up or porting on a new architecture or platform
- Exposure to performance counters, and various types of traces
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!