PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER INDICATING WHICH PARTICULAR AREA YOU ARE INTERESTED IN
Arm architects the pervasive intelligence that is transforming our daily experience. Our chips and device architectures orchestrate the performance of the technology that makes modern life possible. For the past 25 years, we have been at the forefront of innovation in collaboration with our partners and customers bringing ground-breaking technology to market. Arm-based chips are integrated into millions of devices annually. Our vision is of increase purpose and meaning and we are growing to meet our vision of a secure, integrated, and hyper-connected world.?
What do we need from you??
We are looking for University students or people looking to start their career in IT who are self-motivated, inquisitive and aren't afraid to push the boundaries. If you are bright and like to think creatively, we will give you all the coaching and support you require to reach your potential.
To be considered please ensure:
- If you are at University you should be on track to receive at least a 2:1 (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant degree subject
- You have strong Customer Service and Customer Experience Skills
- You take an organised approach to planning and prioritising your own workload when faced with multiple priorities simultaneously?
- You have solid communication and presentation skills?
- You are a self-starter and are self-motivating?
- You have an aptitude for learning and problem solving?
- Technology Operations Services Group’s (TOSG) aim is to make sure that IT Services are delivered effectively and efficiently to our customers and partners. These services can range from desktop hardware and infrastructure services such as Networks and Storage, all the way being part of the team who partner with our strategic outsourced partners who provide our Service Desk and other core services.?
Roles in TOSG will allow you to build capabilities in:?
- Service Design?
- Service Governance and Integration?
- Service Integration and Management?
- Infrastructure Services?
- Project Management?
- Service Management?
- Commercial Awareness??
- Automation Analyst, Graduate Role
You will build capabilities, and learn:
- Developing automation software solution using the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Contribute to, and take ownership of, continuous improvement and stability initiatives of Arm’s IT infrastructure via automation.
For this role you should have:
- Good skill in one scripting language (Bash, Python, PowerShell…)
- Knowledge of Linux: system administration, troubleshooting, scripting
- Understanding of networking basics: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Firewalling
- Experience with an industry recognized source code repository system.
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and one or more related technologies (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation…)
Linux Analyst, Graduate Role
You will build capabilities, and learn:
- Maintenance and support of Linux based servers on premise and in cloud
- Infrastructure services such as Sendmail, Postfix, LDAP, HApxory, DNS/DHCP, and other services.
- Maintenance of various server hardware such as Dell, HP and Fujitsu
For this role you should have:
- Working knowledge of RHEL, Ubuntu or CentOS
- Basic Knowledge of VMware ESXi or similar Virtual Server Systems
- Basic Knowledge of databases, HPC, Sendmail/Postfix, LDAP, DNS/DHCP, HAproxy, ticketing tools, experience is a plus
- Shell scripting experience. (CSH, BASH) or any other programming language
- OS deployment, server configuration/tuning, hardware configuration
Junior Scrum Master, Graduate Role
Project Co ordinator, Graduate or Early Career Role
You will build capabilities, and learn:?
- Commercial Awareness - we will build your corporate awareness by helping you understand the 'bigger picture' and how what Arm - IT delivers fits into the wider Arm agenda?
- Stakeholder Management - you will learn how to manage stakeholders with conflicting priorities, handle the expectations of key parties and choose the best techniques to use when communicating with people at all levels?
- Data Management - we will teach you how we manage data, analyse data, and how we use data to show our progress?
- Process modelling - we will give you the tools to capture requirements accurately and relay them back?to our development teams to ensure product delivery is accurate?
- Delivery Skills – we will teach you the different methods we use to execute projects successfully, using waterfall and Agile techniques
- Communication Skills - delivery is all about delighting our customers, communication is key to this, you will have the opportunity to improve your written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills, using?a number of?platforms and communication tools?
- People Management – we will give you the skills to bring together cross functional teams of people, encourage collaboration, manage interdependencies, and drive a team to deliver against commitments
The above capabilities can be developed in a variety of roles such as (but not limited to!) Agile Scrum Master, Portfolio Analyst, Business Analyst or Project Manager.
Are you a good fit for ARM?
Education & Qualifications
- You will need at least a 2:1 or equivalent in a relevant degree subject.
- If your focus is more technical, you should be able to demonstrate this.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Keen interest in IT
- Flexibility to prioritise tasks reasonably
- Commitment to quality service delivery
- Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
- Ability to communicate ideas both written and verbally
- Ability to solve complex problems in reasonable time
- Ability to work as part of a global team
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:?
We not I?
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive?
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective?
- Information is crucial, share it?
- Realise that we win when we collaborate and that everyone misses out when we don't (what does collaborate)?
Passion for progress?
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with?
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it?
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow?
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress?
- Be your brilliant self?
- Be quirky not egocentric?
- Recognise the power in saying 'I don't know'?
- Make trust our default position?
- Hold strong opinions lightly? ?
How to Apply??
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' We look forward to hearing from you! Start date for this role is October 2020.
Please make sure you list clearly on your cover letter or CV which area of IT you are applying for, and why.
We?are?an?Equal?Opportunity?Employer?and?do?not?discriminate?against?any?employee?or?applicant?for?employment?because?of?race,?color,?sex,?age,?national?origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!