Arm's Machine Learning Group is seeking for a highly motivated and creative Graduate Software Engineer to join the Cambridge-based applied ML team.
From research, to proof-of-concept development, to deployment on ARM IPs, joining this team, would be a phenomenal opportunity to contribute to the full life-cycle of machine learning projects and understand how state-of-the-art machine learning is used to solve real word problems.
Working closely with field experts in a truly multi-discipline environment, you will have the chance to explore existing or build new machine learning techniques, while helping unpick the complex world of use-cases that are applied on high end mobile phones, TVs, and laptops.
About the role
Your role would be to understand, develop and implement these use case, collaborating with Arm's system architects, and working with our marketing groups to ensure multiple Arm products are molded to work well for machine learning. Also, experience deploying inference in a mobile or embedded environment would be ideal. Knowledge of the theory and concepts involved in ML is also needed, so fair comparisons of different approaches can be made.
As an in depth technical role, you will need to understand the complex applications you analyse in detail and communicate them in their simplest form to help include them in product designs, where you will be able to influence both IP and system architecture.
The ideal person is someone with a keen problem solving mind, passionate about state of the art machine learning, and its ability to find solutions to new and complex problems. As a dynamic field, being able to provide a clear view of the different options for solving each problem and the trade-offs between them will be the biggest challenge.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience training and debugging neural networks with TensorFlow or PyTorch using Python
- Familiar with Linux (Terminal)
- Have a strong attention to detail to ensure use cases you investigate are well understood
- Show strong communication skills - in this role you will regularly share your work with wider teams within Arm
- Experience of the inner workings of Tensorflow or Tensorflow Lite
- Strong knowledge of Python, reasonable experience with C++
- Previous experience of machine learning projects
- Experience with deployment optimizations on machine learning models
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- Seek diverse views and involve others - brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength - widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions - stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Take responsibility for your ongoing development, and facilitate development of those you lead
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented people. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!