We have an exciting opportunity for a graduate developer in the GPU modelling team, based in Cambridge. We work with software models which are state-of-the-art representations of our products. They are used by several teams within the company and are delivered externally to some of our partners.
We develop in C++ in a UNIX environment. Working in the GPU modelling team, your role will primarily be to model the functional and performance aspects of our GPUs. You will be working with dedicated and talented people across the globe as part of our multi-site development projects. Your work will have a large impact on the design and quality of our GPUs and ultimately on the success of Arm.
If you would like to shape the future of energy-efficient devices, this is the place to be!
Education & Qualifications
The successful candidate has recently graduated or is about to graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field with a good academic record
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of high level programming languages (e.g. C++, Java)
- Some knowledge of computer architecture (e.g. CPU, caches)
- Good English communication skills
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Willingness to occasionally travel to other Arm locations
- It would be great if you also have some of the following:
- Experience with UNIX
- Knowledge of computer graphics
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python)
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!