We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Would you like to drive performance and product improvements for future mobile phone SoCs, server systems and more? What about investigating performance issues, performance methodology, helping identifying the use cases and relevant performance critical code to drive the design and performance teams?
We are seeking highly motivated graduates with knowledge and enthusiasm in computer architecture, performance modelling, analysis and software development.
What will I be accountable for
You will join the Solutions Performance Analysis and Modelling team within Central Technology as a Graduate Solution Analysis Engineer. You will work on the methodology, generation and analysis of workloads that run inside full systems like mobile phones, cloud servers or autonomous driving cars.
You will belong to a highly motivated team, passionate about evaluating the performance of the Arm solutions for different markets and will have the opportunity to collaborate with engineers in other fields inside the Central Technology group, Arm partners and other Arm groups.
All Arm engineers are also encouraged to promote and demonstrate the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Detailed understanding of computer architecture.
- Experience in Python or Perl, Assembly language, ideally Arm assembly, and low level programming languages such as C or C++
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work in teams and to collaborate efficiently with colleagues in other groups and sites.
- Pro-active and self motivating.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with Unix, scripting, and source control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion).
- Familiarity with one or more CPU instruction sets and the interaction between software and hardware.
- Familiarity with ARM architectures.
- Experience with compilers, device drivers and/or operating system development.
- Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving.
If these requirements fit your profile and interests, please apply, we would love to hear from you!
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We, not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate, and that everyone misses out when we don't.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying "I don't know".
- Make trust our default position.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!