Are you a creative and dedicated graduate willing to deepen your knowledge of data science, engineering and software development within a leading organisation? Do you love solving innovating problems and developing ideas? Do you want to be part of an experienced and multiskilled team?
The Operations Research/ Decision Analytics Team (OR/DA) is looking for a dynamic graduate in Cambridge, UK to help scale our capabilities to support our partners with insights gained from modelling and analysis.
The OR/DA team works with data to add business value by applying data engineering, data visualisation and data science fields to large scale engineering problems. We extract insight to enable data driven decisions, improve efficiency and effectiveness of engineering platforms and infrastructure usage.
You will be supported by a member of our team and have the opportunity to work on and learn about Data Engineering/Data Analysis/Data Visualisation.
Your responsibilities will cover
- Build ETL (Extract Transform Load) data engineering pipelines, that allow relevant data to be centrally collected, aggregated, and processed.
- Use various software tools to design and build powerful interactive data analysis visualisations (Tableau, D3.js, etc).
- Conduct descriptive analysis based on the data visualisation you have created.
- Collaborate with other team members using various statistical and machine learning models to build predictive analytical products for our engineering and platform operation teams.
- Take ownership and pride in maintaining high levels of code quality.
- You will demonstrate integrity, empathy, a positive outlook, a strong work ethic, an inclusive dedication to your colleagues and last but not least a sense of humour.
Required skills and qualifications
- Graduated from a University course with strong foundations in programming such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or Physics. (1st class, MSc, PhD)
- Willingness to explore and process large dataset.
- Passion for programming languages such as Python, Scala or R.
- Desire to build impactful visualisations.
- Appreciation for statistics and modelling technics.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive outlook towards learning core areas of the team's work.
If you are keen to pursue the problems of extracting knowledge from data and driven to understand the core stories that data can tell, then this is an excellent opportunity to expand your programming skills and learn!
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying 'I don't know'.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed. We encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!