Would you like to take an active part in the Technology Revolution and like solving complex problems? Arm® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. We enable the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Arm is looking for an engineer to join our hardware applications engineering team based in Cambridge, UK.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Arm's Partner Enablement group! As an applications engineer you will help Arm's partners to successfully integrate Arm CPUs and System modules to build real world System-on-Chip applications.
The role will be providing technical guidance on Arm's IP, including connection and configuration aspects, investigating issues, identifying solutions using RTL simulations and effectively communicating your findings. Every day you’ll be faced with a different set of technical challenges on a variety of different products.
Once your knowledge is established, you will have the opportunity to visit customer sites around the world to train their engineering teams on Arm technologies, as well as providing reviews and advice on their system designs.
As a graduate you will also be able to achieve a fuller understanding of Arm's technology through the graduate rotation program.
Key Technical Skills & Expertise
- BSc Degree or higher qualification in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Good understanding of HDLs such as Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Enjoy teaching and presenting technical subjects
Desirable Skills & Expertise
- Familiarity with CPU architecture principles and SoC design principles
- Knowledge of one or more AMBA bus protocols
These include but are not limited to:
- Provide fast and accurate technical answers to customer questions about Arm CPU & System modules
- Develop and deliver technical training courses, both onsite and remotely
- Capture customer requirements and feedback into product development
- Create and modify knowledge base articles and application notes
- Develop tools and techniques to aid Application Engineers find solutions more efficiently
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview:
- We, Not I: Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive. Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
- Passion for Progress: Difficult things can take unexpected directions; stick with it. The essence of progress is that it can’t stop; grow with it and lead your own progress.
- Be Your Brilliant Self: Be quirky not egocentric. Make trust our default position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!