The Productivity Engineering Group at Arm is designed to assist colleagues across all of Arm's Engineering population with infrastructure that is evaluated and deployed alongside a deep understanding of the huge variety of work that the company does and what will work best at Arm. We are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic graduate to join a Software team based in Cambridge with an ambition to become a crucial member of the team.
We combine people, technology and domain specific knowledge to craft tools, services and infrastructure for Arm’s Engineering workforce that improve their productivity. It is a complicated and at times, but there are many opportunities for people who take pride in, and enjoy developing these services and systems to make a real difference.
What can you expect to work on?
You will have a chance to work across a range of systems, services and tools to provide first-class development environments and productivity tools for both hardware and software engineers around Arm, enabling them to perform the job effectively and efficiently. The domains and areas typically include:
- Developing workflow tooling under industry large scale clustered compute and cloud-based environments.
- Software build and test solutions such as Jenkins, Bamboo and Artifactory
- Exploiting Virtualisation and cloud technologies such as AWS, Docker, OpenStack and Kubernetes.
- Web application development
- Low-level board build/test farms development
Our days can be highly dynamic and are usually a mixture of both development and supporting the engineering community with advice on how best to utilize the tools and systems we have available. Development activities range from small incremental improvements and bug fixes to multi-month strategic scale projects. In all of our activities we usually spend a large amount of time interacting with the other engineering teams in Arm.
Essential skills and experience
- A good university degree in computer science/software engineering or equivalent
- A demonstrable level of experience in at least one:
- Compiled programming language such as Java, C, C++ or Go
- Interpreted programming language such as Python, Ruby or Perl
- Familiarity with Linux and source control systems
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in developing and deploying services under Virtualisation and cloud technologies
- Passionate about software development
- Have an active interest in Open Source Software
- A focus on personal achievement and responsibility
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!