Do you want to be part of an agile team pursuing solutions to complex and interesting problems facing the future of computing? The Central Technology System team is responsible for influencing and defining Arm's system IPs.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate with a keen interest in whole spectrum of roles within SoC development, who wants to influence the future of Arm IP and the Arm eco-system! In this role you will work with industry experts from across Arm, to develop new technologies. This means your work will influence product roadmaps both within ARM and inside major companies across the Arm ecosystem. We work on a range of prototyping activities, analysis projects, and next-generation system technologies including system architecture specifications and hardware products.
University degree ideally in electronic engineering or computer science, although other STEM graduates will be considered if you have suitable experience.
Essential skills and experience
- Understanding of computer architecture and principles.
- Lateral thinking and problem solving.
- Creativity / innovation - Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of firmware and operating systems fundamentals.
- Basic understanding of logic design, state machines and pipelines.
- Familiar with script languages such as Python, Perl, etc is a good plus.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We, not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate, and that everyone misses out when we don't.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying 'I don't know'.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!