At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking consultancy through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world. Our people are at the heart of our business. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our people embrace the Arup values when dealing with both our colleagues and our clients.
Our award-winning Business and Investor Advisory (BIA) team which sits in the Consulting business practice, provides a range of advisory services to high-profile public and private sector clients on global projects across the infrastructure sector. You will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and programmes at all stages of the project lifecycle from business case development right through to benefits realisation. Whether its construction related or a business change initiative, we provide our clients with solutions to their complex requirements which we meet through the successful delivery of our projects and programmes.
Are you interested in a career in Business and Investor Advisory?
Right now we're looking for students to join our Business and Investor Advisory (BIA) team of bright professionals in our London, Solihull and Manchester offices for a 4-8 week summer placement starting in June or July 2020
Your typical work would include:
- Advising on the technical, commercial and operational issues
- Reviewing technical reports, specifications and drawings to understand key technical and commercial risks, with support from senior colleagues
- Reviewing technical and commercial inputs into business plans such as operating and capital costs and operational inputs
- Supporting the team to co-ordinate and produce discrete sections of technical and commercial/market due diligence reports from a diverse team, across the organisation and potentially including external experts
- Responsible for construction and operations monitoring of projects
- Business development support – writing and managing proposals, and keeping abreast of potential opportunities
We're looking for students with curiosity, personal drive, design flair and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) Business and Investor Advisory (BIA) and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree (or higher level) in an STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Economics or Finance discipline.
- Adaptability, versatility and the motivation to apply your skills to a range of projects and service areas.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other office applications
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Ability to interpret and convey complex technical issues in simple form
- Great reasoning and analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!