At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Due to our global reach and multi-disciplinary approach, we are involved in major highways and site development projects in the UK and worldwide. With long-standing experience in planning, assessment, design and management, we offer our clients a broad spectrum of consulting services.
We pride ourselves on multi-disciplinary collaborative working, an approach which integrates the many technical abilities of our global organisation. Therefore, our Highways staff can find themselves working in partnership with our experts in buildings, bridges, tunnels, geotechnics, environmental consulting and transport planning.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for Highways Summer Students to join our well-established Infrastructure team across the UK. This is an excellent opportunity for students that are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the Infrastructure sector to join a multi-disciplinary team for 4-8 weeks (dependent upon location) this summer.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Depending on performance, there may be an opportunity to receive a permanent offer of employment upon graduating.
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- Studying a BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in Highways
- Ideally graduating in Summer 2021 or 2022
- Interest in and application of digital skills, such as computer coding for design automation and problem-solving is an advantage.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!