At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
We bring inventive, trusted solutions to the complex challenges of maritime environments. Changes in global trade, sea level rise and stretched resources mean that ports, coastal industry and communities must constantly adapt. To meet the challenge of adaptation, we bring specialist understanding to the entire range and lifecycle of maritime structures, infrastructure and projects.
Whether guiding a client from concept to realisation, or focusing on a tight brief, our maritime engineers are involved in master planning, due diligence and feasibility studies, inspections and assessments, consents, engineering design, project management, construction supervision and more.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for Industrial Maritime Engineers to join our well-established Maritime team during their mid-degree for a 11-12-month placement.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
We ask that you are flexible on location as you may at times be required to work from other locations across the UK. This is dependent upon the needs of our clients and business.
We encourage our Industrial Trainee maritime Engineers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn about our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. As such, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills and attributes in you:
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- Studying an MEng in Civil, Environmental, Geotechnical, Maritime, Offshore or Structural Engineering, or Engineering Science
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in Maritime
- Interest in and application of digital skills, such as computer coding for design automation and problem-solving is an advantage.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!