At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
With our global reach and multi-disciplinary approach, Arup is involved in major rail projects in the UK and worldwide. With over 20 years of rail planning, design and construction experience, we offer our clients a broad spectrum of consulting services including, but not limited to, the following: strategic advice, cost, demand and revenue forecasting, business case analysis, feasibility studies, asset management, detailed design, implementation and commissioning and project creation.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for Rail Summer Students to join our well-established Rail team across the UK. This is an excellent opportunity for students that are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the Electrical Engineering sector to join a multi-disciplinary team for 4-8 weeks (dependent upon location) this summer.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Depending on performance, there may be an opportunity to receive a permanent offer of employment upon graduating.
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- Studying a BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Rail Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Modules in rail or transport would be advantageous
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in Rai
- Ideally graduating in Summer 2021 or 2022
- Interest in and application of digital skills, such as computer coding for design automation and problem-solving is an advantage.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!