Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Our Electrical Engineers apply their specialist skills to buildings projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in, but not limited to, the following types of developments:
- Sports facilities
- Transport projects
- Large-scale manufacturing plants
- Commercial developments
As one of the world's leading building design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for Electrical or Building Services Engineering Summer Students to join our well-established Buildings team in London. This is an excellent opportunity for students that are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the Building Design sector to join a multi-disciplinary team for 6 weeks this summer. This will be during one of the below periods:
22nd June 2020 – 31st July 2020
3rd August 2020 – 11th September 2020
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients on strategically won projects. You will assist in preparing designs in co-ordination with the team, and gain a thorough understanding of the role of a design engineer by using relevant software and seeing first-hand how we operate.
Depending on performance, there may be an opportunity to receive a permanent offer of employment upon graduating.
You will work as part of project teams to deliver effective and professional services to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside Architects, Building Services and Geotechnical Engineers, Surveyors and Project Managers.
We're looking for students with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- Studying an MEng in Electrical, Architectural or Building Services Engineering, or equivalent
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in building design
- Ideally graduating in Summer 2021 or 2022
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!