At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
We help the world manage its water. The successful design, development and maintenance of our water infrastructure requires the integration of many disciplines. Arup's water team has wide-ranging skills spanning advisory and specialist technical services. We consider the commercial, economic, environmental and social implications of projects. Key areas we work in include: asset management, climate change studies, catchment science and management, dams and reservoirs engineering, flood risk management and integrated drainage modelling and network rehabilitation. Other key areas of work include natural flood management, river and waterway engineering, wastewater infrastructure and treatment, water resources management and water treatment and supply.
We aim to offer a complete service, resulting in a team that collaborates with a broad range of other Arup services, and in partnership with clients. Our teams also work closely with many external bodies involved in the delivery of major projects.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in Water?
Right now we're looking for a graduate to join our team of bright professionals in our Leeds office. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
To do this you would be:
- Working with Arup colleagues in specialisms such as River Engineering, Site Development, Sustainability and Environmental Planning
- Working with collaborators such as landscape architects and planners
- Meeting with clients, local authorities, and other stakeholders – including site visits
- Carrying out assessment, analysis and design
- Undertaking feasibility studies and preparing technical reports
- Helping to win and manage commissions from clients
- Managing your own time and deadlines to meet project commitments
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Master's degree in Geography, Environmental Science, Civil or Environmental Engineering (or equivalent) at 2:1 or above, ideally with some degree of specialism towards catchment science. Bachelors at 2:1 or above will also be considered
- Strong working knowledge of Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Good understanding of Geomorphology would be an advantage
- Some experience with coding languages would be beneficial
- Enthusiasm for a career in Water underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- Aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!