Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference to the world. Arup Digital combines innovative digital solutions and processes with our domain expertise across the built environment.
Arup's Advanced Digital Engineering group comprises over 300 advanced engineering, digital and project consultants, bringing together a seamless combination of digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths. We use this to solve our clients most complex challenges and help them respond effectively to the fast-changing digital world. We combine advanced digital expertise in data, models, analytics, and user centred design, with world-class specialist engineering skills such as advanced dynamics, vibration and wind engineering, as well as digital advisory services, mobility consulting and digital product design and delivery.
We support Arup's longstanding commitment to work on the most interesting and innovative projects by using the right modelling, data, technology and automation capabilities to redefine the built environment with our clients. We provide digital advisory services that focus on working with clients on their digital strategy, design of new services, systems and assets, and helping deliver working solutions along with the development of new analysis tools and other cloud enabled digital services for clients.
About the role
As a Graduate Infrastructure Designer you will work on the design and specification of ICT systems and services for the built environment. This role will also include ICT space planning, ICT appraisal and overseeing the installation and bringing into service of ICT which will typically include:
· Physical Infrastructure (e.g. ICT rooms, routes and risers) and Cabling (e.g. copper and fibre)
· Local Area Networks (LANs)
· Wireless LANs
· Telephony Systems
· Television Distribution Systems (Terrestrial, Satellite and IP)
· Private Mobile Radio Systems
· Cellular Enhancement Systems e.g. DAS and Small Cells
· Audio Visual Systems
· Large Screen Displays
We work across a number of sectors including transport, government, sport, property and energy.
You should be an innovative problem solver, someone who thinks ‘outside the box' and who is able to communicate ideas and solutions. You should have a positive and forward-thinking approach and enjoy working as part of a friendly and supportive team. Projects will be diverse and the ability to multi-task and manage your workload is important. You should be keen to learn and develop your skills as you gain experience in new areas of work.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
· Batchelors or Masters degree at grade 2:1 or above, in subjects such as Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science/IT or Systems Engineering is essential
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Industry recognised qualifications such a CCNA/CWNA or equivalent
· CAD, BIM, Revit skills
· Knowledge of RF propagation tools and techniques
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
We have positions available in our London, Sheffield/Leeds office, but it is expected that the successful candidate will be willing to travel to other offices (including international locations) and work there for short periods.
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are able to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!