Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference to the world. Arup Digital combines innovative digital solutions and processes with our domain expertise across the built environment.
We are a centre of excellence for digital in Arup. We combine advanced digital, engineering, technical, and project expertise to add new value for clients.
Arup's Advanced Digital Engineering group comprises over 300 advanced engineering, digital and project consultants, bringing together a seamless combination of digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths. We use this to solve our clients most complex challenges and help them respond effectively to the fast-changing digital world. We combine advanced digital expertise in data, models, analytics, and user centred design, with world-class specialist engineering skills such as advanced dynamics, vibration and wind engineering, as well as digital advisory services, mobility consulting and digital product design and delivery.
We support Arup's longstanding commitment to work on the most interesting and innovative projects by using the right modelling, data, technology and automation capabilities to redefine the built environment with our clients. We provide digital advisory services that focus on working with clients on their digital strategy, design of new services, systems and assets, and helping deliver working solutions along with the development of new analysis tools and other cloud enabled digital services for clients.
Are you interested in a career in Advanced Digital Engineering?
We have an opportunity for graduate technology and strategy consultants to work as part of a team, develop skills across all areas of the business whilst gaining experience in technology appraisal, business analysis, process improvement, enterprise architecture, economic and investment planning as well as the specification and operations of technology systems and services. This role will be focussed on technology and strategy consultancy projects across all the sectors we work in.
You should be an innovative problem solver, someone who thinks ‘outside the box' and who is able to communicate ideas and solutions. You should have a positive and forward-thinking approach and enjoy working as part of a friendly and supportive team. Projects will be diverse and the ability to multi-task and manage your workload is important. You should be keen to learn and develop your skills as you gain experience in new areas of work.
Arup offers its employees opportunities to become involved in activities and areas of work beyond the scope of any job description. You should be a well-rounded person in terms of interests and ambitions as we look forward to you getting involved and becoming fully integrated into the Arup community.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
A degree (ideally a 2:1 or equivalent) in a subject such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Systems Analysis or Systems Engineering is required.
We are particularly keen on hearing from applicants that have knowledge and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- IT / Digital strategy – understanding of how technology can support or drive organisational or industry level change. Able to analyse and articulate how technology can create business value and competitive advantage.
- Information systems & architecture – ability to examine the role and effectiveness of information systems in delivering business processes and goals. Technical ability to examine the integration between systems in creating value.
- Data & information – understanding of data and information management principles, including organisation, storage, dissemination and security considerations, together with the ability to identify opportunities to leverage data and information.
- Human factors – understanding of organisational change, and the ability to identify change impacts of technology on people and processes.
- IT project management – ability to manage IT projects through structured and recognised principles over their full lifecycle; this includes development of a business case, planning and managing delivery of project activities, resource, scope and risk management.
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates, we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are able to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!