Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
As one of the world's leading building design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, without compromise.
Our Electrical Building Services Engineers apply their specialist skills to buildings projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in, but not limited to, the following types of developments: commercial and residential developments, tall buildings, Universities, colleges and schools, hospitals and healthcare buildings, laboratories and research facilities, transport projects, including airports and rail stations, sports facilities and stadia, theatres and performance venues, museums and art galleries, large-scale industrial and manufacturing facilities and data centres.
Are you interested in a Career in Electrical Engineering?
We are currently recruiting Graduate Electrical Engineers to join our multi-disciplinary design teams across the UK. As well as an IET accredited training scheme to support you towards obtaining professional status we offer excellent training and development opportunities to our staff. We pride ourselves on our extensive support network and our strength in numbers.
We are looking for graduates with an enthusiasm for a career in building design and have the following:
- Masters degree in Electrical, Architectural, General or Building Services Engineering, or Engineering Science, at 2.1 or above, however strong Bachelors degrees in these subjects will also be considered
- Studying, or have studied, an IET, CIBSE or Engineering Council accredited course
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Enthusiasm for a career in building design, underpinned through a knowledge and understanding of electrical engineering
- Organised approach to planning work and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate a creative and inquisitive approach to problem solving and seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are able to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!