At Arup, we deliver ground-breaking designs through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup's innovative approach to environmental consulting enables clients to achieve their sustainable business and corporate responsibility aspirations.
Our consultants offer a multidisciplinary service aimed at developing policy, optioneering, assessing impacts, creative design and implementation, supporting stakeholder engagement, gaining regulatory approvals, managing risk and controlling costs.
Develop your career on world class environmental projects such as,
- High Speed 2, King's Cross Central
- Meridian Water
- Old Oak and Park Royal
Are you interested in a career in Contaminated Land and Resources and Waste Management?
Right now, we're looking for Graduate Consultants to join our team of bright professionals in our London Office. As our consulting team offers a multidisciplinary service, we are looking for Graduates with diverse skills and interests, and particularly those with a passion to specialise in Contaminated Land or Resources and Waste Management.
From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your chosen career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification (Chartership) during the first few years of your career with us.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high- profile clients. While you'll have a good level of responsibility from day one, you will work under the direction of senior staff and other consultants. We'll give you the chance to take on more responsibility as you progress and broaden your skills.
You will gain a thorough understanding and experience of the role of an environmental consultant whilst gaining the breadth of experience needed to achieve your professional qualification.
This is a varied role, and your day-to-day responsibilities could include the following:
- Assisting in the design and undertaking of surveys and site investigations
- Data analysis of survey results
- Conducting desk studies, including qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
- Preparation of clear and concise reports
- Managing delivery and budgets on small scale projects
- Liaising with clients
- Preparation of bids and tenders
- Planning your workload so that you can deliver on time or ahead of target
- You will contribute towards both statutory and non-statutory impact assessments, technical reports, environmental strategies, corporate reporting and prepare documents for submission within the planning system.
The role will entail working closely with other Arup teams (e.g. other environmental specialists, planners, geotechnical and building engineers and infrastructure civil engineers) to deliver integrated multi-disciplinary consultancy services to a wide range of different clients. There will be opportunities to support other environmental teams, such as EIA, air quality, archaeology and ecology, through which you can develop broader environmental experience.
We encourage our Graduate Consultants to demonstrate drive and motivation, a thorough understanding of our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent technical service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, we seek individuals who can work flexibly and respond to the needs of our clients. As such, we are looking for the following general qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Good understanding of Sustainability, carbon and climate change
- Student or graduate member of Geological Society, CIWEM, IEMA or similar professional body
- Experience of GIS software (preferably ArcGIS) and CAD
- Work placement with environmental consultancy (desirable)
- Minimum 2.1 Bachelor's degree or higher degree in Contaminated Land; Environmental Studies, Chemistry, Geology, Geography, Hydrogeology, or Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering
- Understanding of contaminated land, pollution, environmental engineering or brownfield development
- Completed dissertation on contaminated land or pollution related topic (desirable)
Resources and Waste Management
- Minimum 2.1 Bachelor's degree or higher degree in Resources and Waste Management, Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or a related discipline which includes an element of waste management.
- Understanding of waste policy and legislation, waste strategy and planning requirements, processing technologies and methods for handling waste and circular economy principles and practices.
- Completed dissertation on a waste management related topic (desirable)
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- The opportunity to work on projects across the UK and potentially internationally
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
The deadline for applications is November 2019 and assessment centres will commence in December 2019. Our week-long Graduate Welcome Event will take place in September 2020. Whilst on occasion we may be flexible with our start dates, we would ask that the successful candidates join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!