At Arup, we deliver ground-breaking designs through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup's innovative approach to environmental consulting enables clients to achieve their sustainable business and corporate responsibility aspirations.
Our consultants offer a multidisciplinary service aimed at developing policy, optioneering, assessing impacts, creative design and implementation, supporting stakeholder engagement, gaining regulatory approvals, managing risk and controlling costs.
Are you interested in a career in Environmental Impact Assessments?
Right now, we're looking for Graduate Environmental Consultants to join our team of bright professionals in our Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds and Solihull offices. As our consulting team offers a multidisciplinary service, we are looking for Graduates with diverse skills and interests.
From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your chosen career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification (Chartership) during the first few years of your career with us.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have good level of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
You will gain a thorough understanding and experience of the role of an environmental consultant whilst gaining the breadth of experience needed to achieve your professional qualification.
This is a varied role, and your day-to-day responsibilities could include the following:
- Assisting in the design and undertaking of surveys and site investigations
- Data analysis of survey results
- Conducting desk studies, including qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
- Preparation of clear and concise reports
- Managing delivery and budgets on small scale projects
- Liaising with clients
- Preparation of bids and tenders
- You will contribute towards both statutory and non-statutory impact assessments, technical reports, environmental strategies, corporate reporting and prepare documents for submission within the planning system.
We encourage our Graduate Environmental Consultants to demonstrate drive and motivation, a thorough understanding of our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent technical service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, we seek individuals who can work flexibly and respond to the needs of our clients. As such, we are looking for the following general qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Minimum 2.1 Bachelor's degree or higher degree in Environmental Sciences, Ecology, Geography, GIS, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Environmental Studies, Archaeology, Built Heritage or Cultural Heritage Management
- General understanding of and interest in the EIA process in the UK
- Student or graduate member of IEMA or similar professional body
- Completed dissertation on EIA is desirable
- Work placement within an environmental consultancy ideally focusing on EIA
- Use of Photoshop, Indesign or other design software packages would be advantageous
Enthusiasm for a career in Environmental Consulting, underpinned through a knowledge and deep interest in the built and natural environment
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- The opportunity to work on projects across the UK and potentially internationally
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates, we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!