At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our Geotechnical Engineers apply their specialist skills to buildings and infrastructure projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in a wide variety of projects including highways, rail, energy, waste, water, mining, education, sports and leisure facilities, government/commercial and industrial buildings.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in Geotechnics?
We are looking for graduates to join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices. From your first day, you will join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you will have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we will give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
The Graduate Geotechnical Engineer will be working in a multi-disciplinary office supported by other geotechnical engineers of all levels of experience. You will have the opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary design teams including Rail, Water, Civil, Tunnelling, Buildings and Bridges. You will focus on geotechnical aspects at all stages of the project lifecycle, including initial desk studies, ground investigation, geotechnical design, and site monitoring roles.
The person is expected to have excellent engineering knowledge supplemented with a good understanding of digital design and automation. Experience of design projects would be beneficial.
Our operating structure requires you to support the team across the sub region you work within and may require you to work in any of our offices from time to time to support workload, network development and skill development. You will also have the opportunity to work in the field, ranging from site walkovers and ground investigations, to activities in the construction environment.
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how, with the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Degree qualified to a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or similar subject, at 2.1 or above (predicted or attained)
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Some experience with coding languages, finite element software, or digital design would be beneficial
- Enthusiasm for a career in Geotechnics, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates, we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!