At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our advisory work supports our ethos of ‘shaping a better world' and tackling today's major issues including climate change, sustainability and social equality.
We face the challenge that infrastructure assets are becoming increasingly complex as the customer users' needs change, technology advances and legacy assets require complex upgrades and maintenance. We are active in the Transport, Water, Energy and Rail markets, and undertake a wide range of work including:
Assurance and Regulation
Energy Solutions (Renewables and Nuclear)
Performance and Procurement
Risk and Resilience
Safety and Sustainability
Technology and Trials
Against this context advisory may be described as a collection of high value professional services to help service the complex needs of our clients and develop innovative solutions to their challenges. Due to our global reach we work across several market sectors including highways, rail and energy.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in Infrastructure Advisory?
Right now, we're looking for graduates to join our team of bright professionals in a number of our UK offices. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
The person is expected to have a good understanding of advisory services. Experience of design projects would be beneficial.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with team members and clients to successfully deliver projects
- Source, review, research, collate, report, present and analyse information from a variety of sources (including data analytics)
- Develop client solutions on a project by project basis
- Work flexibly and contribute to the work and performance of the team
- Apply appropriate standards and exploit the latest technologies to perform tasks
Projects will be allocated to you on a regular basis for varying lengths of time, working as part of an integrated team. You will have an opportunity to work on projects all over the world, whilst learning from our highly experienced team. You will also have the opportunity to work on traditional design and major projects to provide a well-balanced start to your professional career.
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Bachelor's degree ideally in engineering, economics, science, mathematics, and data / computer science with a preference for students on track to achieving a 2.1 or above
- Applicants with (or in progress) Masters and PhDs considered and encouraged
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Good understanding of aerodynamics and thermodynamics, numerical analysis and simulation, such as CFD
- Some experience with coding languages
- Enthusiasm for a career in infrastructure advisory, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates, we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!