At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our smarter mobility experts use clear thinking and intelligent technology to make travelling a seamless and efficient experience. By considering entire journeys and thinking across modes of transport, we make transport systems around the world safer, more efficient and more sustainable to use and operate.
From the very beginning of each project, our specialists work with operators and planners to help define a vision for their transport operations and make sure this can become a reality. Focussed on improving mobility for users, we propose appropriate intelligent transport systems (ITS) as part of an integrated transport solution. Our technical advice, planning, design and management creates complete solutions for towns and cities as well as bespoke improvements to site-specific issues.
Our approach to ITS is driven by operational needs and user requirements. For example, we design traffic signal and car parking guidance systems to keep traffic moving in towns and in car parks. On the highways, our motorway control systems enable hard shoulder running and variable speed limits to increase capacity safely.
We create electronic payment solutions that protect revenue and make tolling, road pricing and smart public transport ticketing run smoothly. We also find smarter ways to help public transport passengers and motorists choose the most efficient journeys by supplying the information they need – before they leave home and on the move.
Our goal is to create environments where more people can enjoy integrated, seamless journeys. To achieve this, we work with governments and seek to influence policy and strategy on the smart application of intelligent transport systems.
We have been delivering intelligent transport systems for over 30 years on the global stage through either bespoke single-point solutions or through larger integrated transport projects. Our services are provided through the whole project lifecycle of concept and feasibility, planning and design, testing and commissioning and operation and maintenance.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in Transport?
Right now, we're looking for Graduates to join our team of bright professionals. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
The person is expected to have a good understanding of data management and GIS software. Experience of design projects would be beneficial.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Intelligent Transport Systems, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Transport Planning, Civil Engineering, Geography, GIS, Data Science and Human Factors with a prediction or attainment of 2:1 or higher
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Some experience with coding languages
- Enthusiasm for a career in Intelligent transport, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates, we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!