At Arup, we have been tackling some of the world's most challenging and complex problems for the last 70 years through our work in the built environment. Arup can do so much more to help our clients shape a better world by improving the impact of their people, investments, projects and assets.
Advisory Services in Arup plays a leading role in the development of business strategy, investment advice, transformation and operational excellence across major capital projects. Our work delivers transformation to ultimately achieve sustainable business outcomes, and we achieve this by helping to re-design thinking for business. You'll work alongside an integrated team which includes, Asset managers and Engineers Business Improvement Operations, Business Investment Advisory, Organisational and occupational psychologists and Project and programme managers.
As a Cost Manager in this wider integrated Advisory team, you will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and programmes in a wide range of sectors and at all stages of the project lifecycle from feasibility right through to financial closeout at completion of construction. We provide our clients with solutions to their complex requirements which we meet through the successful delivery of our projects and programmes.
Are you interested in a career in Cost Management?
From your first day, you'll join a community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your chosen career and encouraged to develop your skills, experience and confidence as a budding Chartered Surveyor during the first few years of your career with us. You will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. You will have a level of responsibility from day one, which will involve working in high performing teams and delivering client facing tasks. As you progress in your role at Arup, we envisage you will develop your skills and progress in the levels of responsibility and challenging projects you are involved with.
One of the biggest advantages of working with us is the breadth of work that we do; you will get experience from day one of working across multi-disciplinary teams across the whole of Advisory Services. You may work across different areas and you are not expected to commit to specialising in an area from day one, giving you the opportunity to find your niche.
Our roles also offer significant opportunities to travel, through various types of assignment, through our early career development exchange programme, as well as through project work.
We encourage our Cost Managers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a passion for our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, you will need to be flexible to respond to the needs of our clients.
As such, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- A degree that is RICS accredited and surveying-based
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Great reasoning and analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative
- Recognise the importance of client care and your role in contributing towards it
- Ambition to further your professional development and work towards achieving Chartership
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Our assessment centre will be held in January 2020.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020.
Although we may be able to be flexible on start dates we would ask that the successful candidates will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are able to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!