Arup is a multi–disciplinary firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across all aspects of the built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
The Operations Consulting team is part of the Advisory Services Group in Arup. Operations Consulting works at the intersection between the built environment and the people who use and experience it. We advise and deliver solutions that transform the performance and capability of our clients' businesses and projects. To do this, we focus on people, processes, technology and assets, implementing solutions that encompass sustainability and innovation.
Our team is made up of diverse talents ranging from business process improvement, people and change, logisticians to Asset Managers and Human Factors experts. We collectively draw on these hosts of specialist skills to transform the organisations and operations of our clients in the UK and beyond. We operate in a range of markets including Energy, Water, Highways, Aviation, Rail, Science and Industry, Property and Healthcare.
Are you interested in a career in Operations Consulting?
We are currently recruiting for Summer Placement students to join our team of bright professionals in our London, Solihull and Manchester Offices. From your first day, you'll join a community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your chosen career path and encouraged to develop your skills, experience and confidence as a management consultant.
You will help us to deliver effective, professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. Depending on your projects and chosen areas of interest, you will advise clients across aspects of transformational business change, organisational design, operational excellence, asset management, stakeholder engagement and logistics. This could include using behavioural science and physical ergonomics for work including human factors integration and work environment assessments. As you progress in your role at Arup, we envisage you will develop your skills and progress in the levels of responsibility and challenging projects you are involved with.
We're looking for students with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you have enthusiasm for a career in Advisory, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work, we would like to hear from you. Ideally you would currently be in your penultimate year of study looking to enter graduate employment in September 2021, however, we will consider students/graduates at any stage of their education.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Studying a relevant degree, for example science, engineering, business, social science, psychology or ergonomics
- Adaptability, versatility and the motivation to apply your skills to a range of projects and service areas
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Great reasoning and analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Recognise the importance of client care and your role in contributing towards it
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!