At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking consultancy through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world. Our people are at the heart of our business. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our people embrace the Arup values when dealing with both our colleagues and our clients.
Advisory Services in Arup plays a leading role in the development of business strategy, investment advice, transformation and operational excellence across major capital projects. Our work delivers transformation to ultimately achieve sustainable business outcomes, and we achieve this by helping to re-design thinking for business. Our integrated team includes:
- Asset managers and Engineers - Asset Management and Design for Operations
- Business Improvement Operations - Business Improvement and Operations
- Business Investment Advisory - Business Investment Advisory
- Cost consultants / quantity surveyors - Quantity Surveying / Cost Consulting
- Organisational and occupational psychologists - Occupational Psychology, People Change and Human Factors
- Project and programme managers - Portfolio, Programme and Project Management
As a Cost Manager in this wider integrated Advisory team, you will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and programmes in a wide range of sectors and at all stages of the project lifecycle from feasibility right through to financial closeout at completion of construction. We provide our clients with solutions to their complex requirements which we meet through the successful delivery of our projects and programmes.
Are you interested in a career in Cost Management?
Right now we're looking for students to join our Cost Management (CM) team of bright professionals in our Solihull office for a 4-8 week summer placement starting in June or July 2020
During this placement, you will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. You will have the opportunity to be actively involved at all stages of our work, working within high performing teams and delivering client facing tasks.
One of the biggest advantages of working with us is the breadth of work that we do; you will get experience from day one of working across multi-disciplinary teams across the whole of Advisory Services.
We're looking for students who demonstrate drive and motivation, a passion for our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, you will need to be flexible to respond to the needs of our clients.
As such, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Working towards a degree that is RICS accredited and surveying-based
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Great reasoning and analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative
- Recognise the importance of client care and your role in contributing towards it
- Ambition to further your professional development and work towards achieving Chartership
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!