Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we shape a better world.
Our Town Planners guide development proposals at each stage of the development control and management process. With long-standing experience in the planning sector, we offer our clients a broad spectrum of consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Strategic advice on proposals
- Preparation of applications for planning consent
- Pre-application consultation and negotiation
- Stakeholder engagement and management of the consultation process
- Impact assessments (such as communities, socioeconomics, equalities or health)
- Support planning applications through the decision-making and post-decision processes
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary teams to provide supporting information
- Undertake studies to support local authority planners or development agencies
- Preparation of planning policy and supporting documents
- Appeal services
Our planning experts work side by side with specialists from a wide range of backgrounds, including environmental, transport planning and civil engineering. Many of our projects are boundary pushing and nationally significant.
We work hard to foster good relationships with everyone involved in the planning process – including national governments, regional partnerships or agencies, local planning authorities and developers as well the wider community and stakeholders.
Are you interested in a career in Town Planning?
We are currently recruiting for town planning students for a 8-12 month industrial placement starting from June/July 2020, depending on your availability. This is an excellent opportunity for a student that is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about planning to join our multi-disciplinary team.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients on strategically won projects.
We're looking for people with a passion for place-making, who are curious, and have personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) Town Planning and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you. We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Working towards a Master's degree in a relevant subject (including Town Planning, Urban or Regional Planning, Geography, Urban Policy, Regeneration) and an undergraduate degree with achieved results of 2:1 or higher
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in planning and the built environment
- Possess strong team working skills
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Be willing to learn and develop as opportunities present themselves
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!