Mainland Europe + 1
Making big things happen
On our Graduate Development Programme, join a well-respected team that has a strong reputation in the engineering industry. You'll be part of something big, enjoying all-level support from line managers to senior leaders.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about some of our recent pledges for women's equality and how we're Disability Confident and an inclusive employer.
With Atkins or Faithful+Gould, you'll be in great company.
Join our Graduate Development Programme and enjoy exposure to a wide variety of industries, clients and projects. We design with people in mind. And we’ve designed our graduate opportunities to provide you with unique experiences as you play your part in all kinds of challenging projects. In Asset Management, we help our customers to get the most out of their infrastructure assets. We provide the information they need to make key plans and decisions about the future, such as when to invest in their assets and what maintenance activities to prioritise. We help clients understand their data and bring it to life, using a variety of tools and solutions. As one of the team, we'll trust you to help our clients make the right decisions to best realise their development goals.
Where you could work
You can join the following business areas:
Faithful+Gould – Strategic Asset Management
You’ll join us as a Graduate Consultant and will help provide expert advice to our clients on a range of complex projects. Our Consultants work across both public and private sectors, including universities, pharmaceutical, government and new and refurbishment development projects. You will learn to work with clients and learn to be confident, a good communicator, problem solving and well-rounded and broad-based consultant. You will be given the opportunity to grow, with a wide variety of projects to work on with an experienced, high performing team, to learn from.
Find out more about our Faithful+Gould teams and locations.
Infrastructure – Asset Management
Help us reimagine our places and spaces, from transport-hubs to university campuses, industrial facilities and critical flood defence schemes. Across all our markets, we touch every aspect of the social and economic framework. We help our customers to get the most out of their infrastructure assets. We provide the information they need to make key plans and decisions about the future, such as when to invest in their assets and what maintenance activities to prioritise. We help them to understand their data and bring it to life, using a variety of tools and solutions.
Find out more about our Infrastructure teams and locations.
Transportation – Digital Asset Management
In a connected and ever-changing world, we’re shaping the future of transport, making journeys easier, safer and more reliable, supporting a healthier, happier and more productive society. Through combining traditional engineering, new technologies and innovative thinking we bring ideas to life, meeting increased demands on infrastructure to deliver not only more, but better for less. As partner of choice, our industry-leading expertise, strategic insight and capability spans the full transport ecosystem, reimagining infrastructure across rail, highways and local transport. Our collaborative approach puts our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving efficiencies, improving mobility and unlocking growth.
Find out more about our Transportation teams and locations.
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. That’s why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into the huge variety and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
Find out more about why we believe ‘Different, makes a difference’
What you’ll need?
- A passion for working in a consultancy environment
- Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
- Comfortable to embrace agile ways of working and learning new technologies
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- 2 paid volunteer days per year, to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- An assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a collaborative graduate network across all locations
- Support to achieve Chartered status or equivalent with a relevant institution
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- Annual Graduate Events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Access to all employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to our Women’s Professional Development Programme and ethnic minority Empowering Programme
To view all available benefits, visit our Total Rewards portal.
How do I apply?
Please click Apply Now below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
Mainland Europe, Greater London